online check-in is available for all regular flights operated by GOL, except flights to the Paramaribo (PBM) and Punta Cana [(PUJ) for customers who do not have a Brazilian nationality]. Additionally, passengers can check in up to two days in advance (except at 24-hour self-service kiosks) for flights to:
Cut-off time for online/mobile check-in is 45 minutes before the flight.
Cut-off time for online/mobile check-in is 1 hour and 15 minutes before the flight.
For reservations with origin and / or destination to the United States, intelligent check-in is available 24 hours before the flight.
For reservations with flights operated by GOL and Air France KLM the intelligent check-in is available from 30 hours before flight.
During intelligent check-in, you must enter your identification document number and other required information, such as an emergency contact phone number. The identification document indicated must be valid and in good condition so that you can be identified by GOL and inspection authorities.
It is the passenger’s responsibility to provide accurate ID information and to check the vaccination and visa requirements of their country of destination. Should the passenger not present a valid ID, GOL will refuse to serve the passenger passengeruntil a valid ID is provided. Should this result in the passenger missing a flight, any and all expenses resulting from flight changes will be of the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Do you have questions about identification documents? Then click here to find additional information on identification documents.
Baggage check, carry-on and boarding procedures.
If you have baggage to check, please arrive at the airport with a valid photo ID at least:
1 hour before domestic flights or 2 hours before international flights (except for flights departing from Bolivia, which require passengers to arrive at least 3 hours before departure).
If you have carry-on baggage only, you may proceed directly to the boarding gate:
- Carry-on baggage may weigh up to 10 kg (22 lbs) and may not exceed the following dimensions: 35 x 25 x 55 cm (13 x 10 x 21 in) (length x width x height).
It's prohibited to:
- Transport sharp, pointed, flammable or explosive items. Additionally, for international flights, your carry-on baggage may only contain one clear, sealed bag of liquids and gels, which individually must not be larger than 100ml (3.4 oz).
- The airport administration may prevent the boarding of any passenger whose carry-on baggage contains prohibited items and/or items classified as dangerous. Should this result in the passenger missing a flight, any and all expenses resulting from flight changes will be of the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Do you have any questions or would you like to travel with special items like sports equipment? Click here to find more about how to pack your bags.
After checking his or her baggage (if applicable), the passenger must be present at the boarding gate with a valid photo ID at least:
40 minutes before a domestic flight or 1 hour before an international flight. The boarding process will end 15 minutes before takeoff.
o Expectant Mothers:
Expectant mothers may use intelligent check-in, provided they follow certain procedures. Click here to find out more:
Should you need to complete the responsibility declaration form, please click on the link above to speed up the boarding process.
- Traveling within seven days before or after childbirth.
- The expectant mother’s medical authorization must be issued no more than a week before boarding and be valid for 30 days, as long as, on the date of her return flight, the gestation period of her pregnancy is the same.
Check-in, cancellations and no-shows:
If your plans have changed, you may cancel your intelligent check-in up to 40 minutes before domestic flights and up to 1 hour and 10 minutes before international flights.
Should a passenger be a no-show for boarding, the passenger will have to pay any and all fees and fare differences, regardless of whether the passenger checked-in or not.
Do you have any questions about no-shows? Click here to find out about the procedures.
Pets in the passenger cabin:
If you would like to travel with a pet, you will be required to follow certain procedures. Click here to learn about the boarding procedures and rules.
Should a passenger not follow any of the procedures, GOL will refuse to serve the passenger until the passenger complies with the procedures. Should this result in the passenger missing a flight, any and all expenses resulting from flight changes will be of the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Exceptions for intelligent check-in:
This service is not available to:
- Unaccompanied minors;
- Minors on international flights;
- Passengers transporting pets in the baggage compartment or cabin for flight operated by Air France KLM;
- Charter flights;
- Flights operated by partner airlines (except Air France-KLM);
- Passengers who qualify for the following cases of special assistance:
Reservations for passengers with a lap child;
Passengers who request approval from GOL's medical department via the MEDIF form;
Would you like to purchase a GOL+ Conforto seat?